16 May MISSION APPEAL FOR MAIDUGURI DIOCESE 2017
As a result of these violent attacks and its attendant consequences and following the appeal made by the Bishop of Maiduguri, the archdiocese of Lagos has decided to take up a Special Collection on SUNDAY 21ST MAY 2017 IN ALL OUR PARISHES in Lagos to support of the Diocese of Maiduguri. To this end, the Bishop and some of his priests will be going to the following parishes to create awareness and consequently make appeals. Below is a list of parishes and priests who will be visiting to create awareness.
- Bishop Oliver D. Dashe – Church of Assumption, Falomo
- Fr. John Bakeni- Archangels Parish, Satellite Town.
- Fr. William Livinus – St. Cyprian, Oko-Oba.
- Fr. Gideon Obasogie – St. Kizito, Iju.
- Fr. Alex Miskita – Sacred Heart, Ojota.
- Fr. Jacob Iranda – Our Lady, Queen of Peace, Gbagada-Ifako.
- Fr. Alphonsus Afina – St. Peter Claver, Ajao Estate.
- Fr. Angelo Vakaru – St. Augustine, Ikorodu
- Fr. Peter Samson – Catholic Church of Presentation, Ikeja-GRA.
- Fr. Philibus Yakubu – St. Mary, Isolo
- Fr. Cosmas Da Jump – Mother of Perpetual Help, Amuwo-Odofin
- Fr. Peter Uchebu – Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church, Orile-Iga
So how can you help?
- This is a push, a reminder, an additional appeal to give as much as you can this Sunday 21/05/2017 during collection at any Catholic Church in Lagos.
- If you won’t be in Lagos this Sunday, you can also make a bank transfer: Catholic Archdiocese of Lagos-Projects/Maiduguri collection – Zenith Bank 1015137783 sort code: 057150217
- Most importantly, please continue to pray for the intentions of our brothers and sisters in the north.
Remember our Lord as He said,
‘Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did it to me.’ Matthew 25:40.
Let us help our brothers and sisters in the North rebuild their lives, their churches, and their faith